Mouse anti VCP
VCP antibody recognizes transitional endoplasmic reticulum ATPase, also known as 15S Mg(2+)-ATPase p97 subunit, TER ATPase, epididymis luminal protein 220, epididymis secretory protein Li 70, valosin-containing protein or yeast CDC48p homolog.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by VCP gene, valosin-containing protein is a member of a family that includes putative ATP-binding proteins involved in vesicle transport and fusion, 26S proteasome function, and assembly of peroxisomes. This protein, as a structural protein, is associated with clathrin, and heat-shock protein Hsc70, to form a complex. It has been implicated in a number of cellular events that are regulated during mitosis, including homotypic membrane fusion, spindle pole body function, and ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008)
Mouse anti Human VCP antibody detects a band of 89 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti VCP detects a band of approximately 89 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human VCP
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P55072 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- VCP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000502 proteasome complex
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0016567 protein ubiquitination
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0006302 double-strand break repair
- GO:0008289 lipid binding
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0016887 ATPase activity
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0030433 ER-associated protein catabolic process
- GO:0030968 endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response
- GO:0030970 retrograde protein transport, ER to cytosol
- GO:0031593 polyubiquitin binding
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of VCP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.