VASP antibody | OTI1C3
VASP is a member of the Ena-VASP protein family. Ena-VASP family members contain an EHV1 N-terminal domain that binds proteins containing E/DFPPPPXD/E motifs and targets Ena-VASP proteins to focal adhesions. In the mid-region of the protein, family members have a proline-rich domain that binds SH3 and WW domain-containing proteins. Their C-terminal EVH2 domain mediates tetramerization and binds both G and F actin. VASP is associated with filamentous actin formation and likely plays a widespread role in cell adhesion and motility. VASP may also be involved in the intracellular signaling pathways that regulate integrin-extracellular matrix interactions. VASP is regulated by the cyclic nucleotide-dependent kinases PKA and PKG (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human VASP antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti VASP detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human VASP (NP_003361) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005522 profilin binding
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0031258 lamellipodium membrane
- GO:0031527 filopodium membrane
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of VASP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra