Troponin T antibody
Mouse anti Troponin T (Cardiac)
Troponin T antibody recognizes the cardiac muscle protein troponin T, also known as dilated 1D (autosomal dominant), hypertrophic 2 or troponin T2. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the TNNT2 gene, troponin T is the tropomyosin-binding subunit of the troponin complex, which is located on the thin filament of striated muscles and regulates muscle contraction in response to alterations in intracellular calcium ion concentration. Mutations in TNNT2 have been associated with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as well as with dilated cardiomyopathy. Transcripts for TNNT2 undergo alternative splicing that results in many tissue-specific isoforms, however, the full-length nature of some of these variants has not yet been determined (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human troponin T antibody detects a band of 40 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti troponin T detects a band of approximately 40 kDa in human heart cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified native Troponin T protein from human cardiac tissue.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P45379 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNNT2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005523 tropomyosin binding
- GO:0005861 troponin complex
- GO:0008016 regulation of heart contraction
- GO:0030049 muscle filament sliding
- GO:0030172 troponin C binding
- GO:0031013 troponin I binding
- GO:0032780 negative regulation of ATPase activity
- GO:0032781 positive regulation of ATPase activity
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0055010 ventricular cardiac muscle tissue morphogenesis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Troponin T antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.