SSB antibody | OTI1E11
Mouse anti SSB
SSB antibody recognizes the lupus La protein, also known as La ribonucleoprotein domain family member 3, SS-B, SS-B/La protein, La autoantigen or sjoegren syndrome type B antigen. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by the SSB gene is involved in diverse aspects of RNA metabolism, including binding and protecting poly(U) termini of nascent RNA polymerase III transcripts from exonuclease digestion, processing 5' and 3' ends of pre-tRNA precursors, acting as an RNA chaperone, and binding viral RNAs associated with hepatitis C virus. Autoantibodies reacting with this protein are found in the sera of patients with Sjogren syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011).
Mouse anti Human SSB antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SSB detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full-length protein expressed in 293T cell transfected with human SSB expression vector
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05455 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SSB Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000049 tRNA binding
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003729 mRNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006400 tRNA modification
- GO:0008334 histone mRNA metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SSB antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.