SOCS-3 antibody | SO1
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human SOCS-3 antibody, clone SO1 recognizes the human suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 protein, also known as SOCS-3, cytokine-inducible SH2 protein 3 or STAT-induced STAT inhibitor 3. SOCS-3 is a 225 amino acid member of the suppressor of cytokine signaling family (Starr et al. 1997) containing a single SH2 and a single SOCS box domain. SOCS-3 acts as a negative regulator of janus kinase (JAK) and signal transducer and activators of transcription (STAT) signaling pathways.
SOCS-3 acts as a negative feedback regulator for the STAT3 pathways, by directly binding to the Tyr-759 motif of the IL-6 signal-transducing receptor subunit gp130, thereby preventing the IL-6 activation of STAT3.
The expression of SOCS-3 is inducible by numerous factors, including IL-6, IL-10, toll-like receptor (TLR) agonists and interferon (IFN) gamma, indicating roles in inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, colitis and Crohn’s disease (Elliott and Johnstone 2004). SOCS-3 expression affects IFN alpha sensitivity in tumors (Brender et al. 2001).
Notch signaling plays a critical role in the determination of M1 versus M2 macrophage polarization. RBPJ–mediated notch signaling regulates this polarization through SOCS-3 (Narayana and Balaji 2008, Schroeder and Just 2000).
Mouse anti Human SOCS-3 antibody recognizes human SOCS-3 as a single band of ~25 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. This antibody also cross reacts with SOCS-3 from murine cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SOCS-3 antibody detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Full length SOCS-3 protein
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
References for SOCS-3 antibody
Zheng, Y. et al. (2019) Lidocaine Potentiates SOCS3 to Attenuate Inflammation in Microglia and Suppress Neuropathic Pain.
Cell Mol Neurobiol. 39 (8): 1081-92.
- Supressor Of Cytokine Signaling 3
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004860 protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up