SMC3 antibody | AB02/4E11
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human SMC3 antibody recognizes SMC3, also known as BAM, HCAP, CDLS3, CSPG6 or BMH.
The SMC3 protein is a subunit of cohesin, a ubiquitously-expressed complex associated with sister chromatid cohesion, chromatin structure, gene expression, and DNA repair (Hill et al. 2016). Establishment of cohesion between replicated sister chromatids is important for ensuring their correct segregation during anaphase of the cell cycle. Acetylation of SMC3 during S phase is essential for the function of cohesin. Deacetylation of SMC3 during telophase is important for recycling cohesin so it can be reloaded during interphase (Dasgupta et al. 2016). Genes encoding subunits of cohesin are mutated in a range of cancers. Mutations in SMC3 have been found in chronic myelogenous leukemia and glioblastoma (Solomon et al. 2014). A post-translationally modified form of SMC3 is secreted as bamacan (Ghiselli et al. 2003), a basement membrane protein (Ghiselli and Iozzo 2000).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti SMC3 antibody detects a band of approximately 144 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- E. coli-derived recombinant human SMC3 (aa 903-1217)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000236 mitotic prometaphase
- GO:0000775 chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0000922 spindle pole
- GO:0003777 microtubule motor activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0007052 mitotic spindle organization
- GO:0007062 sister chromatid cohesion
- GO:0007091 mitotic metaphase/anaphase transition
- GO:0007126 meiosis
- GO:0008278 cohesin complex
- GO:0009294 DNA mediated transformation
- GO:0016363 nuclear matrix
- GO:0032876 negative regulation of DNA endoreduplication
- GO:0045502 dynein binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051301 cell division
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up