SMAD4 antibody | 1B6
Mouse anti SMAD4
SMAD4 antibody recognizes mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 4, also known as MAD homolog 4, SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 4, deleted in pancreatic carcinoma locus 4 or deletion target in pancreatic carcinoma 4.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
SMAD4 encodes a member of the Smad family of signal transduction proteins. Smad proteins are phosphorylated and activated by transmembrane serine-threonine receptor kinases in response to TGF-beta signaling. A product of SMAD4 gene, Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 4 forms homomeric complexes and heteromeric complexes with other activated Smad proteins, which then accumulate in the nucleus and regulate the transcription of target genes. This protein binds to DNA and recognizes an 8-bp palindromic sequence (GTCTAGAC) called the Smad-binding element (SBE). The Smad proteins are subject to complex regulation by post-translational modifications. Mutations or deletions in SMAD4 have been shown to result in pancreatic cancer, juvenile polyposis syndrome, and hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia syndrome. (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009).
Mouse anti Human SMAD4 antibody detects a band of 65 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SMAD4 detects a band of approximately 65 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human SMAD4 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q13485 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SMAD4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0030616 transforming growth factor beta receptor, common-partner cytoplasmic mediator activity
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007183 SMAD protein complex assembly
- GO:0010718 positive regulation of epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030509 BMP signaling pathway
- GO:0030511 positive regulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0032444 activin responsive factor complex
- GO:0032909 regulation of transforming growth factor-beta2 production
- GO:0042177 negative regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0060021 palate development
- GO:0060391 positive regulation of SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0060395 SMAD protein signal transduction
- GO:0070411 I-SMAD binding
- GO:0070412 R-SMAD binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SMAD4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.