SMAD4 antibody | 1B6
SMAD4 encodes a member of the Smad family of signal transduction proteins. Smad proteins are phosphorylated and activated by transmembrane serine-threonine receptor kinases in response to TGF-beta signaling. A product of SMAD4 gene, Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 4 forms homomeric complexes and heteromeric complexes with other activated Smad proteins, which then accumulate in the nucleus and regulate the transcription of target genes. This protein binds to DNA and recognizes an 8-bp palindromic sequence (GTCTAGAC) called the Smad-binding element (SBE). The Smad proteins are subject to complex regulation by post-translational modifications. Mutations or deletions in SMAD4 have been shown to result in pancreatic cancer, juvenile polyposis syndrome, and hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia syndrome. (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009).
Mouse anti Human SMAD4 antibody detects a band of 65 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SMAD4 detects a band of approximately 65 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human SMAD4 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0030616 transforming growth factor beta receptor, common-partner cytoplasmic mediator activity
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007183 SMAD protein complex assembly
- GO:0010718 positive regulation of epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030509 BMP signaling pathway
- GO:0030511 positive regulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0032444 activin responsive factor complex
- GO:0032909 regulation of transforming growth factor-beta2 production
- GO:0042177 negative regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0060021 palate development
- GO:0060391 positive regulation of SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0060395 SMAD protein signal transduction
- GO:0070411 I-SMAD binding
- GO:0070412 R-SMAD binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SMAD4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra