Mouse anti SETDB1
SETDB1 antibody recognizes histone-lysine n-methyltransferase SETDB1, also known as ERG-associated protein with SET domain, ESET, H3-K9-HMTase 4, histone-lysine N-methyltransferase, H3lysine-9 specific 4, or lysine N-methyltransferase 1E.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETDB1 is a histone methyltransferase which regulates histone methylation, gene silencing, and transcriptional repression. SETDB1 has been identified as a target for treatment in Huntington's disease, given that gene silencing and transcription dysfunction likely play a role in the disease pathogenesis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants of SETDB1 have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2011).
Mouse anti Human SETDB1 antibody detects a band of 180 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SETDB1 detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human SETDB1 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q15047 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SETDB1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005694 chromosome
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0018024 histone-lysine N-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SETDB1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.