Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETDB1 is a histone methyltransferase which regulates histone methylation, gene silencing, and transcriptional repression. SETDB1 has been identified as a target for treatment in Huntington's disease, given that gene silencing and transcription dysfunction likely play a role in the disease pathogenesis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants of SETDB1 have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2011).
Mouse anti Human SETDB1 antibody detects a band of 180 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SETDB1 detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human SETDB1 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005694 chromosome
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0018024 histone-lysine N-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SETDB1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra