RAPTOR antibody | 1A9
Encoded by the RPTOR gene, regulatory-associated protein of mTOR is a component of a signaling pathway that regulates cell growth in response to nutrient and insulin levels. RAPTOR forms a stoichiometric complex with the mTOR kinase, and also associates with eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein-1 and ribosomal protein S6 kinase. The protein positively regulates the downstream effector ribosomal protein S6 kinase, and negatively regulates the mTOR kinase. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for RPTOR (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009).
Mouse anti Human RAPTOR antibody detects a band of 149 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAPTOR detects a band of approximately 149 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant RAPTOR
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031669 cellular response to nutrient levels
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0031931 TORC1 complex
- GO:0032008 positive regulation of TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0032403 protein complex binding
- GO:0071230 cellular response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0071902 positive regulation of protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAPTOR antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra