RAPTOR antibody | 1A9
Mouse anti RAPTOR
RAPTOR antibody recognizes regulatory-associated protein of mTOR, also known as p150 target of rapamycin (TOR)-scaffold protein containing WD-repeats. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the RPTOR gene, regulatory-associated protein of mTOR is a component of a signaling pathway that regulates cell growth in response to nutrient and insulin levels. RAPTOR forms a stoichiometric complex with the mTOR kinase, and also associates with eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein-1 and ribosomal protein S6 kinase. The protein positively regulates the downstream effector ribosomal protein S6 kinase, and negatively regulates the mTOR kinase. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for RPTOR (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009).
Mouse anti Human RAPTOR antibody detects a band of 149 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAPTOR detects a band of approximately 149 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant RAPTOR
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q8N122 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPTOR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031669 cellular response to nutrient levels
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0031931 TORC1 complex
- GO:0032008 positive regulation of TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0032403 protein complex binding
- GO:0071230 cellular response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0071902 positive regulation of protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAPTOR antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.