PSMB4 antibody | OTI5B5
The proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex with a highly ordered ring-shaped 20S core structure. The core structure is composed of 4 rings of 28 non-identical subunits; 2 rings are composed of 7 alpha subunits and 2 rings are composed of 7 beta subunits. Proteasomes are distributed throughout eukaryotic cells at a high concentration and cleave peptides in an ATP/ubiquitin-dependent process in a non-lysosomal pathway. An essential function of a modified proteasome, the immunoproteasome, is the processing of class I MHC peptides. PSMB4 encodes a member of the proteasome B-type family, also known as the T1B family, that is a 20S core beta subunit (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PSMB4 antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PSMB4 detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant protein of human PSMB4 (NP_002787) produced in HEK293T cell
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004298 threonine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005839 proteasome core complex
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051436 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0051437 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PSMB4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra