Protein Kinase C Epsilon antibody | CD04/1C7
Protein kinase C (PKC) is a family of serine- and threonine-specific protein kinases that can be activated by calcium and the second messenger diacylglycerol. PKC family members phosphorylate a wide variety of protein targets and are known to be involved in diverse cellular signaling pathways. PKC family members also serve as major receptors for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters. Each member of the PKC family has a specific expression profile and is believed to play a distinct role in cells. The protein encoded by PRKCE is one of the PKC family members. This kinase has been shown to be involved in many different cellular functions, such as neuron channel activation, apoptosis, cardioprotection from ischemia, heat shock response, as well as insulin exocytosis. Knockout studies in mice suggest that this kinase is important for lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-mediated signaling in activated macrophages and may also play a role in controlling anxiety-like behavior (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human protein kinase C epsilon antibody detects a band of 91 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell and tissue lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti protein kinase C epsilon antibody detects a band of approximately 91 kDa in mouse brain lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human protein kinase C epsilon (aa 301-737)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q02156 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRKCE Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007202 activation of phospholipase C activity
- GO:0008047 enzyme activator activity
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Protein Kinase C Epsilon antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.