Proliferation Associated Protein 2G4 antibody | OTI1D3
Proliferation associated protein 2G4, encoded by the PA2G4 gene, is an RNA-binding protein that is involved in growth regulation. This protein is present in pre-ribosomal ribonucleoprotein complexes and may be involved in ribosome assembly and the regulation of intermediate and late steps of rRNA processing. This protein can interact with the cytoplasmic domain of the ErbB3 receptor and may contribute to transducing growth regulatory signals. It is also a transcriptional co-repressor of androgen receptor-regulated genes and other cell cycle regulatory genes through its interactions with histone deacetylases. PA2G4 has been implicated in growth inhibition and the induction of differentiation of human cancer cells. Six pseudogenes, located on chromosomes 3, 6, 9, 18, 20 and X, have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human proliferation associated protein 2G4 antibody detects a band of 44 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti proliferation associated protein 2G4 detects a band of approximately 44 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human proliferation associated protein 2G4 (NP_006182) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9UQ80 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PA2G4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006364 rRNA processing
- GO:0006417 regulation of translation
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Proliferation Associated Protein 2G4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.