PRKAR1A antibody | OTI6C7
cAMP is a signaling molecule important for a variety of cellular functions. cAMP exerts its effects by activating the cAMP-dependent protein kinase, which transduces the signal through phosphorylation of different target proteins. The inactive kinase holoenzyme is a tetramer composed of two regulatory and two catalytic subunits. cAMP causes the dissociation of the inactive holoenzyme into a dimer of regulatory subunits bound to four cAMP and two free monomeric catalytic subunits. Four different regulatory subunits and three catalytic subunits have been identified in humans. PRKAR1A encodes one of the regulatory subunits. This protein was found to be a tissue-specific extinguisher that down-regulates the expression of seven liver genes in hepatoma x fibroblast hybrids. Mutations in PRKAR1A gene cause Carney complex (CNC). PRKAR1A can fuse to the RET protooncogene by gene rearrangement and form the thyroid tumor-specific chimeric oncogene known as PTC2. A nonconventional nuclear localization sequence (NLS) has been found for this protein which suggests a role in DNA replication via the protein serving as a nuclear transport protein for the second subunit of the Replication Factor C (RFC40). Several alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been observed (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2013).
Mouse anti Human PRKAR1A antibody detects a band of 43 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PRKAR1A detects a band of approximately 43 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full-length protein expressed in 293T cell transfected with human PRKAR1A expression vector
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P10644 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRKAR1A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001932 regulation of protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0005952 cAMP-dependent protein kinase complex
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006833 water transport
- GO:0007202 activation of phospholipase C activity
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0008603 cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulator activity
- GO:0030552 cAMP binding
- GO:0034199 activation of protein kinase A activity
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- GO:0071377 cellular response to glucagon stimulus
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PRKAR1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.