PKA C-ALPHA antibody | AB01/1D9
Filter by Application:WB IP IF Reset
Mouse anti PKA C-ALPHA
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
- PKA C-ALPHA
|Mouse anti Human PKA C-alpha antibody recognizes PKA C-alpha, also known as cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha, PRKACA, PPNAD4 and protein kinase A catalytic subunit.
Encoded by PRKACA, the ubiquitously-expressed protein PKA C-alpha is the catalytic subunit C alpha of the cyclic-AMP (cAMP)-dependent protein kinase, otherwise known as PKA (Berthon et al. 2015). PKA is a serine/threonine kinase comprised of a regulatory subunit dimer and two catalytic subunits. Activation of PKA occurs when two cAMP molecules bind to each regulatory subunit, leading to release of the catalytic subunits. The catalytic subunits act as kinases propagate downstream signaling. Through this activity, PKA is responsible for phosphorylating a wide range of substrates, and is considered an essential regulator of many cell signaling events (Turnham and Scott 2016). Somatic PRKACA mutations have been identified in tumors of the adrenal cortex (Berthon et al. 2015). PRKACA may contribute to cancer progression, with extracellular PKA catalytic subunit found in the serum of patients with cancer, and increased PRKACA transcripts observed in breast cancer (Turnham and Scott 2016).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PKA C-alpha detects a band of approximately 38 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide.
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-351 of human PKA C-alpha
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0004862 cAMP-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005952 cAMP-dependent protein kinase complex
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006833 water transport
- GO:0007202 activation of phospholipase C activity
- GO:0007243 intracellular protein kinase cascade
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0019433 triglyceride catabolic process
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0034199 activation of protein kinase A activity
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- GO:0071377 cellular response to glucagon stimulus
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up