PFKP antibody | OTI1F2
PFKP catalyzes the irreversible conversion of fructose-6-phosphate to fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and is a key regulatory enzyme in glycolysis. The PFKP gene, which maps to chromosome 10p, is also expressed in fibroblasts. The muscle and liver isoforms of phosphofructokinase, which map to chromosomes 12q13 and 21q22, respectively. Tetrameric phophofructokinase enzyme expressed in platelets can be composed of subunits P4, P3L, and P2L2 (Vora 1981).
Mouse anti Human PFKP antibody detects a band of 86 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PFKP detects a band of approximately 86 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human PFKP (NP_002618) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003872 6-phosphofructokinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005945 6-phosphofructokinase complex
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PFKP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
Vora S (1981) Isozymes of human phosphofructokinase in blood cells and cultured cell lines: molecular and genetic evidence for a trigenic system.
Blood. 57 (4): 724-32.