PFKP antibody | OTI1F2
Mouse anti PFKP
PFKP antibody recognizes 6-phosphofructokinase type C, also known as 6-phosphofructokinase, platelet type, ATP-PFK, ATP-dependent 6-phosphofructokinase, platelet type, phosphofructo-1-kinase isozyme C or phosphohexokinase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
PFKP catalyzes the irreversible conversion of fructose-6-phosphate to fructose-1,6-bisphosphate and is a key regulatory enzyme in glycolysis. The PFKP gene, which maps to chromosome 10p, is also expressed in fibroblasts. The muscle and liver isoforms of phosphofructokinase, which map to chromosomes 12q13 and 21q22, respectively. Tetrameric phophofructokinase enzyme expressed in platelets can be composed of subunits P4, P3L, and P2L2 (Vora 1981).
Mouse anti Human PFKP antibody detects a band of 86 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PFKP detects a band of approximately 86 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human PFKP (NP_002618) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q01813 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PFKP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003872 6-phosphofructokinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005945 6-phosphofructokinase complex
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PFKP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Product Specific References
Vora S (1981) Isozymes of human phosphofructokinase in blood cells and cultured cell lines: molecular and genetic evidence for a trigenic system.
Blood. 57 (4): 724-32.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.