PEA15 antibody | CD02/4E2
Mouse anti PEA15
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti PEA15 antibody recognizes astrocytic phosphoprotein PEA-15, also known as PED. PEA15 is a multifunctional, non-enzymatic protein able to regulate a variety of signaling pathways and implicated in a range of biological processes. It can act as a tumor suppressor, regulating cell cycle progression by promoting the DNA damage-induced G2/M checkpoint and inhibiting RAS-mediated transformation. The function of PEA15 as a tumor suppressor can be attributed to its ability to restrict extracellular signal-related kinase (ERK) in the cytoplasm (Hindupur et al. 2014). Consistent with its role as a tumor suppressor, PEA15 is epigenetically silenced in many human tumors (Nagarajan et al. 2014). In ovarian carcinoma, high expression of PEA15 corresponds to increased patient survival. However. PEA15 also appears to have pro-tumorigenic properties. in glioblastoma, for example, PEA15 expression contributes to tumor survival (Gawecka et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PEA15 detects a band of approximately 14 kDa in A172 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-130 of human PEA15
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up