Notch 3 antibody
The NOTCH3 gene encodes the third discovered human homologue of the Drosophila melanogaster type I membrane protein notch. In Drosophila, notch interaction with its cell-bound ligands (delta, serrate) establishes an intercellular signaling pathway that plays a key role in neural development. Homologues of the notch ligands have also been identified in human, but precise interactions between these ligands and the human notch homologues remains to be determined. Mutations in NOTCH3 have been identified as the underlying cause of cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL1) (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human notch 3 (C-Terminal) antibody detects bands of 90 and 270 kDa representing both cleaved and full length Notch 3. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti notch 3 (C-Terminal) detects bands of approximately 90 and 270 kDa in MCF7 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 2291-2321 of human notch 3
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9UM47 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NOTCH3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0005796 Golgi lumen
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007219 Notch signaling pathway
- GO:0007220 Notch receptor processing
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Notch 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.