METAP2 antibody | OTI1F6
METAP2 is a member of the methionyl aminopeptidase family and is a protein that binds 2 cobalt or manganese ions. This protein functions both by protecting the alpha subunit of eukaryotic initiation factor 2 from inhibitory phosphorylation and by removing the amino-terminal methionine residue from nascent protein. Increased expression of METAP2 is associated with various forms of cancer and the anti-cancer drugs fumagillin and ovalicin inhibit the protein by irreversibly binding to its active site. A pseudogene of METAP2 is located on chromosome 2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human METAP2 antibody detects a band of 63 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti METAP2 detects a band of approximately 63 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2-212 of human METAP2 (NP_006829) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004177 aminopeptidase activity
- GO:0008235 metalloexopeptidase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0016485 protein processing
- GO:0018206 peptidyl-methionine modification
- GO:0031365 N-terminal protein amino acid modification
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of METAP2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|