Lysosome Membrane Protein 2 antibody
Lysosome membrane protein 2 is a type III glycoprotein that is located primarily in limiting membranes of lysosomes and endosomes. Earlier studies in mice and rat suggested that this protein may participate in membrane transportation and the reorganization of endosomal/lysosomal compartment. The protein deficiency in mice was reported to impair cell membrane transport processes and cause pelvic junction obstruction, deafness, and peripheral neuropathy. Further studies in human showed that this protein is a ubiquitously expressed protein and that it is involved in the pathogenesis of HFMD (hand, foot, and mouth disease) caused by enterovirus-71 and possibly by coxsackievirus A16. Mutations in lysosome membrane protein 2 caused an autosomal recessive progressive myoclonic epilepsy-4 (EPM4), also known as action myoclonus-renal failure syndrome (AMRF). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for SCARB2 (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011).
Mouse anti Human lysosome membrane protein 2 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti lysosome membrane protein 2 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in LNCaP cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. Coli derived recombinant protein, aa249-478 of human lysosome membrane protein 2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005765 lysosomal membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Lysosome Membrane Protein 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra