Ki67 antibody | AbD02531
Ki-67 antigen is expressed in proliferating cells but not in quiescent cells. Expression of this antigen occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2, and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected. Consequently, Ki-67 antigen expression is used in tumor pathology to detect proliferating cells in neoplastic diseases. In cultured cells, Ki-67 is expressed in the nucleolus of interphase cells.
The Ki-67 gene contains 15 exons. The Ki-67 repeat region, within which there is a 22-amino acid Ki-67 motif, is encoded by exon 13. The shorter isoform lacks exon 7. Northern blot analysis revealed multiple transcripts ranging from approximately 8.9 to 12.5 kb in proliferating but not quiescent cells. Immunoblot analysis showed expression of 320- and 359-kDa proteins. Sequence analysis predicted that the short-lived 2,896- and 3,256-amino acid protein isoforms contain potential nuclear targeting signals, over 200 potential phosphorylation sites, 19 N-myristoylation sites, 3 amidation sites, and numerous PEST sites. Antisense oligonucleotides inhibited cellular proliferation in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting that Ki-67 protein expression may be an absolute requirement for cell proliferation. Clone AbD02531 is also known as clone 2531.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rhesus Monkey Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Chimpanzee Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Macaque Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain -- Liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Peptide derived from the human Ki-67 protein. Sequence GFKELFQTPG, coupled via a C-terminal cysteine to carrier proteins.
- Activity was tested by indirect ELISA: The Ki-67 antigen peptide was coupled to human transferrin carrier protein. The coupled antigen (5 μg/ml) plus unrelated control proteins were immobilized on a microtiter plate. Specific binding was monitored by first adding HCA006 (2 μg/ml), then adding a secondary antibody (goat anti-human F(ab')2 fragment specific, AP conjugate. 1:5000 diluted). A fluorescent signal was created by adding the AP sub-strate Attophos. The signal on the antigen is at least 5-fold above background, whereas the signal on the control antigens is less than 1.5-fold above background.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P46013 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MKI67 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ki67 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Western Blotting
- HCA006 detects bands of approximately 360kDa and 320kDa in Granta cell lysates
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:Alk. Phos.||0500-0100||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti c-Myc||MCA2200||C E F* P WB*||1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Product Specific References
References for Ki67 antibody
Understanding the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle - A Biological and Experimental OverviewRead or Download Now