IRF6 antibody | OTI2C10
Mouse anti IRF6
IRF6 antibody recognizes interferon regulatory factor 6. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the IRF6 gene, interferon regulatory factor 6 is member of the interferon regulatory transcription factor (IRF) family. Family members share a highly-conserved N-terminal helix-turn-helix DNA-binding domain and a less conserved C-terminal protein-binding domain. IRF6 may be a transcriptional activator. Mutations in the IRF6 gene can cause van der Woude syndrome and popliteal pterygium syndrome. Mutations in IRF6 are also associated with non-syndromic orofacial cleft type 6. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, May 2011).
Mouse anti Human IRF6 antibody detects a band of 58 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti IRF6 detects a band of approximately 58 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human IRF6 (NP_006138) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O14896 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IRF6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0045941 positive regulation of transcription
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060644 mammary gland epithelial cell differentiation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IRF6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.