HIF2 Alpha antibody
HIF 2 alpha is a transcription factor involved in the induction of genes regulated by oxygen, which is induced as oxygen levels fall. Encoded by the EPAS1 gene, HIF2 alpha contains a basic-helix-loop-helix domain protein dimerization domain as well as a domain found in proteins in signal transduction pathways which respond to oxygen levels. Mutations in HIF2 alpha are associated with erythrocytosis familial type 4 (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009).
Mouse anti Human HIF2 alpha antibody detects a band of 117 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti HIF2 alpha detects a band of approximately 117 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to an internal region of human HIF2 alpha
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q99814 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EPAS1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0003705 sequence-specific enhancer binding RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0035035 histone acetyltransferase binding
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048625 myoblast cell fate commitment
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of HIF2 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.