Mouse anti Haptoglobin
Haptoglobin antibody recognizes the haptoglobin protein, also known as haptoglobin alpha (1S)-beta, haptoglobin alpha (2FS)-beta, liver regeneration-related protein LRRG173 or zonulin. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The haptoglobin gene (HP) encodes a preproprotein, also known as zonulin, which is processed to yield both alpha and beta chains. These chains subsequently combine as a tetramer to produce haptoglobin. Haptoglobin functions to bind free plasma hemoglobin, which allows degradative enzymes to gain access to the hemoglobin, while at the same time preventing loss of iron through the kidneys and protecting the kidneys from damage by hemoglobin.
Mutations in HP and/or its regulatory regions cause ahaptoglobinemia or hypohaptoglobinemia. HP has also been linked to diabetic nephropathy, the incidence of coronary artery disease in type 1 diabetes, Crohn's disease, inflammatory disease behavior, primary sclerosing cholangitis, susceptibility to idiopathic Parkinson's disease, and a reduced incidence of Plasmodium falciparum malaria. A similar duplicated gene is located next to HP on chromosome 16. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for HP (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human haptoglobin antibody detects a band of 43 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using human plasma lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti haptoglobin detects a band of approximately 43 kDa in human plasma samples.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified protein from human plasma
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P00738 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0010942 positive regulation of cell death
- GO:0030492 hemoglobin binding
- GO:0051354 negative regulation of oxidoreductase activity
- GO:2000296 negative regulation of hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Haptoglobin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.