Encoded by the GMNN gene, geminin plays a critical role in cell cycle regulation, inhibiting DNA replication by binding to DNA replication factor Cdt1, preventing the incorporation of minichromosome maintenance proteins into the pre-replication complex. Geminin is expressed during the S and G2 phases of the cell cycle and is degraded by the anaphase-promoting complex during the metaphase-anaphase transition. Increased expression of GMNN may play a role in several malignancies including colon, rectal and breast cancer. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed for GMNN, and two pseudogenes of GMNN are located on the short arm of chromosome 16 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human GMNN antibody detects a band of 30 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GMNN detects a band of approximately 30 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human GMNN
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O75496 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GMNN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008156 negative regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0032582 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0045786 negative regulation of cell cycle
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GMNN antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.