Glutathione Synthetase antibody | OTI2F2
Glutathione is important for a variety of biological functions, including protection of cells from oxidative damage by free radicals, detoxification of xenobiotics, and membrane transport. Encoded by the GSS gene, glutathione synthetase functions as a homodimer to catalyze the second step of glutathione biosynthesis, which is the ATP-dependent conversion of gamma-L-glutamyl-L-cysteine to glutathione. Defects in GSS are a cause of glutathione synthetase deficiency (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human glutathione synthetase antibody detects a band of 52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glutathione synthetase detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human glutathione synthetase (NP_000169) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P48637 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GSS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0004363 glutathione synthase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043295 glutathione binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glutathione Synthetase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.