Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody | OTI2C4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human glucocorticoid receptor antibody, clone OTI2C4 recognizes the glucocorticoid receptor, also known as glucocorticoid nuclear receptor variant 1.
Encoded by the NR3C1 gene, the glucocorticoid receptor can function both as a transcription factor that binds to glucocorticoid response elements in the promoters of glucocorticoid responsive genes to activate their transcription, and as a regulator of other transcription factors. This receptor is typically found in the cytoplasm, but upon ligand binding, is transported into the nucleus. It is involved in inflammatory responses, cellular proliferation, and differentiation in target tissues. Mutations in NR3C1 are associated with generalized glucocorticoid resistance. Alternative splicing of NR3C1 results in transcript variants encoding either the same or different isoforms. Additional isoforms resulting from the use of alternate in-frame translation initiation sites have also been described, and shown to be functional, displaying diverse cytoplasm-to-nucleus trafficking patterns and distinct transcriptional activities (Lu & Cidlowski 2005).
Mouse anti Human glucocorticoid receptor antibody, clone OTI2C4 detects a band of 94 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glucocorticoid receptor detects a band of approximately 94 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-265 of human glucocorticoid receptor produced in E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0004883 glucocorticoid receptor activity
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006366 transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0071109 superior temporal gyrus development
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up