Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody | OTI2C4
Encoded by the NR3C1 gene, the glucocorticoid receptor can function both as a transcription factor that binds to glucocorticoid response elements in the promoters of glucocorticoid responsive genes to activate their transcription, and as a regulator of other transcription factors. This receptor is typically found in the cytoplasm, but upon ligand binding, is transported into the nucleus. It is involved in inflammatory responses, cellular proliferation, and differentiation in target tissues. Mutations in NR3C1 are associated with generalized glucocorticoid resistance. Alternative splicing of NR3C1 results in transcript variants encoding either the same or different isoforms. Additional isoforms resulting from the use of alternate in-frame translation initiation sites have also been described, and shown to be functional, displaying diverse cytoplasm-to-nucleus trafficking patterns and distinct transcriptional activities (Lu & Cidlowski 2005).
Mouse anti Human glucocorticoid receptor antibody detects a band of 94 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti glucocorticoid receptor detects a band of approximately 94 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-265 of human glucocorticoid receptor produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0004883 glucocorticoid receptor activity
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006366 transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0071109 superior temporal gyrus development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|