GEP100 antibody | AbD39152eg
GEP100 is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ARF6, a component of the RAS superfamily involved with membrane trafficking (You et al. 2019). AMAP1 is then the downstream effector of activated ARF6 (Kinoshita et al. 2013). GEP100 appears to control oncogenic processes in response to stimulation of EGF (Hu et al. 2013), also interacting specifically with EGF R (Hu et al. 2012). For example, in breast cancer, activation of ARF6 through GEP100 leads to invasion and metastasis through the EGF R pathway. GEP100 overexpression alongside ARF6 can also cause noninvasive MCF7 cells to become invasive (Sabe et al. 2009).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Human anti GEP100 antibody detects a band of approximately 112 kDa in MCF7, HepG2, K562, A431 cell lysates
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via an inactive variant of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase (BAP) fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with DYKDDDDK and His (HHHHHH) tags. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- GEP100 peptide coupled to BSA and TRF and biotinylated peptide (RLRSSMSENRMSRRI-C and Bio-ERLRSSMSENRMSRRIV)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005086 ARF guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0032012 regulation of ARF protein signal transduction
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GEP100 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra