Focal Adhesion Kinase antibody | OTI4A8
Encoded by the PTK2 gene, focal adhesion kinase 1 is a cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase which is found concentrated in the focal adhesions that form between cells growing in the presence of extracellular matrix constituents. The encoded protein is a member of the FAK subfamily of protein tyrosine kinases but lacks significant sequence similarity to kinases from other subfamilies. Activation of focal adhesion kinase 1 may be an important early step in cell growth and intracellular signal transduction pathways triggered in response to certain neural peptides or to cell interactions with the extracellular matrix. Several transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PTK2, but the full-length natures of only three of them have been determined (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010).
Mouse anti Human focal adhesion kinase 1 antibody detects a band of 125 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti focal adhesion kinase detects a band of approximately 125 kDa in A549 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant protein of human focal adhesion kinase (NP_722560) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q05397 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PTK2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0042169 SH2 domain binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Focal Adhesion Kinase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.