ErbB2 antibody | OTI4F10
Encoded by the ERBB2 gene, ErbB2 is a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor family of receptor tyrosine kinases. This protein has no ligand binding domain of its own and therefore cannot bind growth factors. However, it does bind tightly to other ligand-bound EGF receptor family members to form a heterodimer, stabilizing ligand binding and enhancing kinase-mediated activation of downstream signalling pathways, such as those involving mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase. Allelic variations at amino acid positions 654 and 655 of isoform a (positions 624 and 625 of isoform b) have been reported, with the most common allele, Ile654/Ile655, shown here. Amplification and/or overexpression of ERBB2 has been reported in numerous cancers, including breast and ovarian tumors. Alternative splicing results in several additional transcript variants, some encoding different isoforms and others that have not been fully characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ErbB2 antibody detects a band of 185 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ErbB2 detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 676-1255 of human ErbB2 (NP_004439) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005006 epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0043125 ErbB-3 class receptor binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ErbB2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra