EIF2S1 antibody | OTI3H4
Mouse anti EIF2S1
EIF2S1 antibody recognizes eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit 1, also known as eIF-2-alpha or eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit alpha. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The translation initiation factor EIF2 catalyzes the first regulated step of protein synthesis initiation, promoting the binding of the initiator tRNA to 40S ribosomal subunits. Binding occurs as a ternary complex of methionyl-tRNA, EIF2, and GTP. EIF2 is composed of 3 nonidentical subunits, the 36 kDa EIF2-alpha subunit (EIF2S1), the 38-kD EIF2-beta subunit (EIF2S2), and the 52-kD EIF2-gamma subunit (EIF2S3). The rate of formation of the ternary complex is modulated by the phosphorylation state of EIF2-alpha (Ernst et al. 1987).
Mouse anti Human EIF2S1 antibody detects a band of 36 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF2S1 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human EIF2S1 (NP_004085) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05198 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EIF2S1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003743 translation initiation factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005844 polysome
- GO:0005850 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 complex
- GO:0043022 ribosome binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EIF2S1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.