EIF2S1 antibody | OTI3H4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
| Mouse anti Human EIF2S1 antibody, clone OTI3H4 recognizes EIF2S1, also known as eIF-2-alpha, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit 1 and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit alpha.
The translation initiation factor EIF2 catalyzes the first regulated step of protein synthesis initiation, promoting the binding of the initiator tRNA to 40S ribosomal subunits. Binding occurs as a ternary complex of methionyl-tRNA, EIF2, and GTP. EIF2 is composed of 3 nonidentical subunits, the 36 kDa EIF2-alpha subunit (EIF2S1), the 38 kDa EIF2-beta subunit (EIF2S2), and the 52 kDa EIF2-gamma subunit (EIF2S3). The rate of formation of the ternary complex is modulated by the phosphorylation state of EIF2-alpha (Ernst et al. 1987).
Mouse anti Human EIF2S1 antibody detects a band of 36 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EIF2S1 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human EIF2S1 (NP_004085) produced in HEK293T cells
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Ernst H et al. (1987) Cloning and sequencing of complementary DNAs encoding the alpha-subunit of translational initiation factor eIF-2. Characterization of the protein and its messenger RNA.
J Biol Chem. 262 (3): 1206-12.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up