Mouse anti Desmoplakin
Desmoplakin antibody recognizes desmoplakin, also known as 250/210 kDa paraneoplastic pemphigus antigen. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|VMA00095||IF WB||100 µl|
The N-terminus of desmoplakin is required for localization to the desmosome and interacts with the N-terminal region of plakophilin 1 to selectively recruit plakophilins to desmosomal plaques. Desmoplakin has also been shown to function as a transglutaminase substrate in vitro, suggesting that it may participate in cell adhesion at the intra-epidermal level.
Desmosomes are the most common type of intercellular junction in vertebrate epithelial cells. They are characterized by 2 forms of interaction with other cellular structures. Firstly, they form membrane anchorage sites for intermediate-size filaments, which are seen as electron-dense plaques evident beneath the plasma membrane. Secondly, a specific membrane core domain interacts with a corresponding domain of the plasma membrane of an adjacent cell, apparently mediating intercellular adhesion in a stable way. Mutations in the gene for this protein are the cause of several cardiomyopathies and keratodermas as well as some autoimmune diseases.
Mouse anti Human desmoplakin binds to an epitope between amino acids 2344-2822 of desmoplakin. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti desmoplakin antibody detects a band of approximately 332 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment consisting of the carboxyl terminus of desmoplakin, fused with maltose binding protein.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P15924 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DSP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001533 cornified envelope
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0018149 peptide cross-linking
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- GO:0030216 keratinocyte differentiation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoplakin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.