Desmoglein 2 antibody | 10D2
Desmoglein 2 is a membrane glycoprotein with four highly conserved extracellular domains (EC1 - 4) and six cytoplasmic desmoglein repeat sequences. It has a predicted molecular weight of 122 kDa and an apparent molecular weight of 150 kDa, due to post translational modification. Desmoglein 2 is a core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between cells. This protein has been identified as the autoantigen of the autoimmune skin blistering disease pemphigus vulgaris and mutations in the gene have been associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia.
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 2 antibody is specific for the EC1 domain of desmoglein 2 (Keim et al., 2008) and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti desmoglein 2 antibody detects a band of approximately 150 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG1 - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment consisting of amino acids 37-164 of desmoglein 2 which consists of the entire extracellular domain and a portion of the proregion.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoglein 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Desmoglein 2 antibody
Keim, S.A. et al. (2008) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the proregion of human desmoglein-2.
Hybridoma (Larchmt). 27 (4): 249-58.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra