Desmoglein 2 antibody | 10D2
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Desmoglein 2
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
- Desmoglein 2
|Mouse anti Human desmoglein 2 recognizes desmoglein 2, a member of the desmoglein family. Desmosomes are cell-cell junctions between epithelial, myocardial, and certain other cell types. Currently, four desmoglein subfamily members have been identified and all are members of the cadherin cell adhesion molecule superfamily.
Desmoglein 2 is a membrane glycoprotein with four highly conserved extracellular domains (EC1 - 4) and six cytoplasmic desmoglein repeat sequences. It has a predicted molecular weight of 122 kDa and an apparent molecular weight of 150 kDa, due to post translational modification. Desmoglein 2 is a core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between cells. This protein has been identified as the autoantigen of the autoimmune skin blistering disease pemphigus vulgaris and mutations in the gene have been associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia.
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 2 antibody is specific for the EC1 domain of desmoglein 2 (Keim et al., 2008) and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti desmoglein 2 antibody detects a band of approximately 150 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG1 - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment consisting of amino acids 37-164 of desmoglein 2 which consists of the entire extracellular domain and a portion of the proregion.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Desmoglein 2 antibody
Keim, S.A. et al. (2008) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the proregion of human desmoglein-2.
Hybridoma (Larchmt). 27 (4): 249-58.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up