Desmoglein 2 antibody | 10D2
Mouse anti Desmoglein 2
Desmoglein 2 antibody recognizes desmoglein-2, also known as HDGC or cadherin family member 5. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|VMA00092||IF WB||100 µl|
Desmoglein 2 is a membrane glycoprotein with four highly conserved extracellular domains (EC1 - 4) and six cytoplasmic desmoglein repeat sequences. It has a predicted molecular weight of 122 kDa and an apparent molecular weight of 150 kDa, due to post translational modification. Desmoglein 2 is a core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between cells. This protein has been identified as the autoantigen of the autoimmune skin blistering disease pemphigus vulgaris and mutations in the gene have been associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia.
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 2 antibody is specific for the EC1 domain of desmoglein 2 (Keim et al., 2008) and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti desmoglein 2 antibody detects a band of approximately 150 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG1 - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment consisting of amino acids 37-164 of desmoglein 2 which consists of the entire extracellular domain and a portion of the proregion.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q14126 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DSG2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoglein 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Product Specific References
References for Desmoglein 2 antibody
Keim, S.A. et al. (2008) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the proregion of human desmoglein-2.
Hybridoma (Larchmt). 27 (4): 249-58.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.