Desmin antibody | AbD03744
Desmin is a 52 kDa protein encoded by nine exons of a gene located at 2q35. Desmin forms a cytoskeletal network across the muscle fiber bordering at the plasma and nuclear membrane and is particularly localized to the subplasmalemmal region and the Z-band. Staining for desmin is useful for identification of rhabdomyosarcomas and leiomyomas.
For use in immunohistology staining we recommend the use of an anti-His tag bridging antibody, followed by visualization using the Dako Duet staining system.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. Coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the anti-body heavy chain.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant human desmin produced in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/100||1/500|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/100||1/500|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra