Cytokeratin 18 antibody
Mouse anti Cytokeratin 18
Cytokeratin 18 antibody recognizes keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18, also known as CK-18, cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein, cytokeratin 18 or keratin-18. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the KRT18 gene cytokeratin 18, together with its filament partner cytokeratin 8, are perhaps the most commonly found members of the intermediate filament gene family. They are expressed in single layer epithelial tissues of the body. Mutations in KRT18 have been linked to cryptogenic cirrhosis. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for KRT18 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human cytokeratin 18 antibody detects a band of 46 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytokeratin 18 detects a band of approximately 46 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acid 391-483 of human cytokeratin 18 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05783 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KRT18 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0009653 anatomical structure morphogenesis
- GO:0034451 centriolar satellite
- GO:0043000 Golgi to plasma membrane CFTR protein transport
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 18 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.