Cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody
Encoded by the CYP3A4 gene, cytochrome P450 3A4 is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases that catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids and other lipids. This protein localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and its expression is induced by glucocorticoids and some pharmacological agents. This enzyme is involved in the metabolism of approximately half the drugs in use today, including acetaminophen, codeine, cyclosporin A, diazepam and erythromycin. The enzyme also metabolizes some steroids and carcinogens. CYP3A4 is part of a cluster of cytochrome P450 genes on chromosome 7q21.1. Previously another CYP3A gene, CYP3A3, was thought to exist; however, it is now thought that this sequence represents a transcript variant of CYP3A4. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011).
Mouse anti Human cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytochrome P450 3A4 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in human liver tissue cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human cytochrome P450 3A4 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08684 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CYP3A4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0006706 steroid catabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0008209 androgen metabolic process
- GO:0009822 alkaloid catabolic process
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019825 oxygen binding
- GO:0016098 monoterpenoid metabolic process
- GO:0016712 oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, reduced flavin or flavoprotein as one donor, and incorporation of one atom of oxygen
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0030343 vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0033780 taurochenodeoxycholate 6alpha-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0034875 caffeine oxidase activity
- GO:0042359 vitamin D metabolic process
- GO:0042738 exogenous drug catabolic process
- GO:0046483 heterocycle metabolic process
- GO:0047638 albendazole monooxygenase activity
- GO:0050591 quinine 3-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0050649 testosterone 6-beta-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0070576 vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0070989 oxidative demethylation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.