Cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody
Mouse anti Cytochrome P450 3A4
Cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody recognizes the cytochrome P450 3A4, also known as 1,8-cineole 2-exo-monooxygenase, albendazole monooxygenase, albendazole sulfoxidase, or taurochenodeoxycholate 6-alpha-hydroxylase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the CYP3A4 gene, cytochrome P450 3A4 is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases that catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids and other lipids. This protein localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and its expression is induced by glucocorticoids and some pharmacological agents. This enzyme is involved in the metabolism of approximately half the drugs in use today, including acetaminophen, codeine, cyclosporin A, diazepam and erythromycin. The enzyme also metabolizes some steroids and carcinogens. CYP3A4 is part of a cluster of cytochrome P450 genes on chromosome 7q21.1. Previously another CYP3A gene, CYP3A3, was thought to exist; however, it is now thought that this sequence represents a transcript variant of CYP3A4. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011).
Mouse anti Human cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytochrome P450 3A4 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in human liver tissue cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human cytochrome P450 3A4 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08684 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CYP3A4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0006706 steroid catabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0008209 androgen metabolic process
- GO:0009822 alkaloid catabolic process
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019825 oxygen binding
- GO:0016098 monoterpenoid metabolic process
- GO:0016712 oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, reduced flavin or flavoprotein as one donor, and incorporation of one atom of oxygen
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0030343 vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0033780 taurochenodeoxycholate 6alpha-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0034875 caffeine oxidase activity
- GO:0042359 vitamin D metabolic process
- GO:0042738 exogenous drug catabolic process
- GO:0046483 heterocycle metabolic process
- GO:0047638 albendazole monooxygenase activity
- GO:0050591 quinine 3-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0050649 testosterone 6-beta-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0070576 vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0070989 oxidative demethylation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytochrome P450 3A4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.