Cytochrome P450 2E1 antibody | OTI5F11
Mouse anti Cytochrome P450 2E1
Cytochrome P450 2E1 antibody recognizes cytochrome P450 2E1, also known as 4-nitrophenol 2-hydroxylase, CYPIIE1, subfamily IIE (ethanol-inducible), cytochrome P450-J, flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase or microsomal monooxygenase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the CYP2E1 gene, cytochrome P450 2E1 is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases which catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids and other lipids. This protein localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and is induced by ethanol, the diabetic state, and starvation. The enzyme metabolizes both endogenous substrates, such as ethanol, acetone, and acetal, as well as exogenous substrates including benzene, carbon tetrachloride, ethylene glycol, and nitrosamines which are premutagens found in cigarette smoke. Due to its many substrates, this enzyme may be involved in such varied processes as gluconeogenesis, hepatic cirrhosis, diabetes, and cancer (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human cytochrome P450 2E1 antibody detects a band of 57 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Cytochrome P450 2E1 detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in Human liver cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human cytochrome P450 2E1 (NP_000764) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P05181 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CYP2E1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0008202 steroid metabolic process
- GO:0019825 oxygen binding
- GO:0016098 monoterpenoid metabolic process
- GO:0016709 oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, NADH or NADPH as one donor, and incorporation of one atom of oxygen
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0017144 drug metabolic process
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0046483 heterocycle metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytochrome P450 2E1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.