Cystatin C antibody | E01-8H8
Cystatin C specifically inhibits cysteine proteases such as papain, legumain and the cathepsins B, H, K, L and S. Through the regulation of cysteine proteases, it plays a role in various biological processes including immune responses, protein turnover, phatocytosis, antigen presentation and apoptosis (Zi & Xu 2018). When released into the blood, cystatin C is filtered by the glomerous and metabolised by proximal tubular cells. Because of this filtration of cystatin C by the kidneys, this inhibitor is commonly used clinically as a biomarker of kidney function. (Zi & Xu 2018). Within immunological processes, cystatin C regulates proteolytic processing of pro-granzymes, MHC II antigen presentation and maturation of dendritic cells (Pierre & Mellman 1998).
Cystatin C is encoded by the gene CST3 and mutations of this gene are responsible for the heritable disease, cerebral amyloid angiopathy (Jurczak et al. 2016).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone E01-8H8 (MCA6227B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone B01-8B1 (MCA6226GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length cystatin C (Ser27-Ala146)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cystatin C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human Cystatin C||MCA6226GA||E||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra