Cystatin C antibody | E01-8H8
Filter by Application:E Reset
Mouse anti Human Cystatin C:Biotin
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Cystatin C
|Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone E01-8H8 , recognizes cystatin C, a small non-glycosylated 13.3 kDa basic cysteine inhibitor and a member of the Cystatin superfamily. Cystatin C is widely expressed in all nucleated cells in the body. It is also secreted from cells into circulation and other biological fluids including urine, seminal fluid, saliva and cerebrospinal fluid (Mussap & Plebani 2004).
Cystatin C specifically inhibits cysteine proteases such as papain, legumain and the cathepsins B, H, K, L and S. Through the regulation of cysteine proteases, it plays a role in various biological processes including immune responses, protein turnover, phatocytosis, antigen presentation and apoptosis (Zi & Xu 2018). When released into the blood, cystatin C is filtered by the glomerous and metabolised by proximal tubular cells. Because of this filtration of cystatin C by the kidneys, this inhibitor is commonly used clinically as a biomarker of kidney function. (Zi & Xu 2018). Within immunological processes, cystatin C regulates proteolytic processing of pro-granzymes, MHC II antigen presentation and maturation of dendritic cells (Pierre & Mellman 1998).
Cystatin C is encoded by the gene CST3 and mutations of this gene are responsible for the heritable disease, cerebral amyloid angiopathy (Jurczak et al. 2016).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone E01-8H8 (MCA6227B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody, clone B01-8B1 (MCA6226GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length cystatin C (Ser27-Ala146)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human Cystatin C||MCA6226GA||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human Cystatin C|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up