Cyclophilin A antibody | AbD00794
Cyclophilin A is a member of the immunophilin class of proteins that all possess peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase activity and, therefore, are believed to be involved in protein folding and/or intracellular protein transport (Fischer et al. 1989). This protein can interact with several HIV proteins including p55 gag, Vpr, and capsid protein. It has been shown to be necessary for the formation of infectious HIV virions (Franke et al. 1994). Cyclophilin is a specific high-affinity binding protein for the immunosuppressant agent cyclosporin A (Handschumacher et al. 1984). Because of its dramatic effects on decreasing morbidity and increasing survival rates in human transplants, the molecular mechanism of immunosuppression by cyclosporin A has been a matter of much interest (Durette et al. 1988). Multiple PPIA pseudogenes that map to different chromosomes have been reported. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been observed (Chatellard-Gruaz D et al. 1994).
Human anti cyclophilin antibody, clone AbD00794 has been used successfully for the detection of cyclophilin A in HeLa cell lysates by Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Expected from Sequence Pig Expected from Sequence Monkey Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal-chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Full length human recombinant cyclophilin A, amino acid residues 1-164, molecular weight 17.9 kDa
- Activity was tested by indirect ELISA: recombinant purified Cyclophilin A (5 μg/ml) plus unrelated control proteins were immobilized on a microtiter plate. Specific binding was monitored by first adding HCA005 (2 μg/ml), then adding a secondary antibody (goat anti-human F(ab')2 fragment specific, AP conjugate. 1:5000 diluted). A fluorescent signal was created by adding the AP substrate Attophos. The signal on the antigen is at least 5-fold above background, whereas the signal on the control antigens is less than 1.5-fold above background.
- Purity was tested by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie-staining of a 2 μg sample.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0003755 peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006278 RNA-dependent DNA replication
- GO:0019047 provirus integration
- GO:0019061 uncoating of virus
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030260 entry into host cell
- GO:0042277 peptide binding
- GO:0045069 regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0046790 virion binding
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cyclophilin A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:Alk. Phos.||0500-0100||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||C E P WB*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra