CD8 antibody | LT8
Filter by Application:F C FLA Reset
|Mouse anti Human CD8 antibody, clone LT8 recognizes the human CD8 cell surface glycoprotein expressed by a subset of peripheral blood T cells which express cytotoxic/suppressor activity. It is also expressed weakly on NK cells.
The CD8 antigen is a co-receptor for MHC Class I in conjunction with the T cell receptor, and is important in the selection process of CD8+ MHC Class I restricted T cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Marmoset Chimpanzee Cynomolgus monkey Red-bellied Tamarin
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to StarBright Violet 475 - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
0.1% Pluronic F68
0.1% PEG 3350
0.05% Tween 20
- Normal human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse X63.653 myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) StarBright Violet 475 405 479
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product is covered by U.S. Patent No. 10,150,841 and related U.S. and foreign counterparts
This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 5ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul. Best practices suggest a 5 minutes centrifugation at 6,000g prior to sample application.
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
References for CD8 antibody
Zarkesh-Esfahani, H. et al. (2001) High-dose leptin activates human leukocytes via receptor expression on monocytes.
J Immunol. 167 (8): 4593-9.
Manninen, A. & Saksela, K. (2002) HIV-1 Nef interacts with inositol trisphosphate receptor to activate calcium signaling in T cells.
J Exp Med. 195 (8): 1023-32.
Parnes, J.R. (1989) Molecular biology and function of CD4 and CD8.
Adv Immunol. 44: 265-311.
Kap, Y.S. et al. (2009) A monoclonal antibody selection for immunohistochemical examination of lymphoid tissues from non-human primates.
J Histochem Cytochem. 57: 1159-67.
Hovden, A.O. et al. (2011) Maturation of monocyte derived dendritic cells with OK432 boosts IL-12p70 secretion and conveys strong T-cell responses.
BMC Immunol. 12: 2.
Nelson, M. et al. (2010) Characterization of lethal inhalational infection with Francisella tularensis in the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus).
J Med Microbiol. 59: 1107-13.
Gibbings, D.J. et al. (2007) CD8 alpha is expressed by human monocytes and enhances Fc gamma R-dependent responses.
BMC Immunol. 8: 12.
Junker, A. et al. (2007) Multiple sclerosis: T-cell receptor expression in distinct brain regions.
Brain. 130: 2789-99.
View The Latest Product References
Held, K. et al. (2011) Expression of herpes simplex virus 1-encoded microRNAs in human trigeminal ganglia and their relation to local T-cell infiltrates.
J Virol. 85 (19): 9680-5.
Hood SP et al. (2014) Changes in immune cell populations in the periphery and liver of GBV-B-infected and convalescent tamarins (Saguinus labiatus).
Virus Res. 179: 93-101.
Nelson, M. & Loveday, M. (2014) Exploring the innate immunological response of an alternative nonhuman primate model of infectious disease; the common marmoset.
J Immunol Res. 2014: 913632.
Manivannan, K. et al. (2016) CADM1/TSLC1 Identifies HTLV-1-Infected Cells and Determines Their Susceptibility to CTL-Mediated Lysis.
PLoS Pathog. 12 (4): e1005560.
Gross, C.C. et al. (2016) Impaired NK-mediated regulation of T-cell activity in multiple sclerosis is reconstituted by IL-2 receptor modulation.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113 (21): E2973-82.
Dunham, J. et al. (2016) Blockade of CD127 Exerts a Dichotomous Clinical Effect in Marmoset Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 11 (1): 73-83.
Bughani, U. et al. (2017) T cell activation and differentiation is modulated by a CD6 domain 1 antibody Itolizumab.
PLoS One. 12 (7): e0180088.
Philippens, I.H. et al. (2017) Acceleration of Amyloidosis by Inflammation in the Amyloid-Beta Marmoset Monkey Model of Alzheimer's Disease.
J Alzheimers Dis. 55 (1): 101-113.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0015026 coreceptor activity
- GO:0019882 antigen processing and presentation
- GO:0042101 T cell receptor complex
- GO:0042288 MHC class I protein binding
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up