Human Fc receptors are expressed on a variety of immune cell types including monocytes, macrophages, B cells, granulocytes and dendritic cells. Cells that express Fc receptors can give false positive immunofluorescent staining due to the Fc receptors binding of Ig. Human SeroBlock is designed to prevent such non-specific staining without interfering with appropriate target staining. Human SeroBlock is compatible with use of anti-human antibodies targeting Fc receptors in flow cytometry.
- Target Species
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Human Seroblock
||*See Instructions For Use
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- In order to reduce Fc-receptor mediated binding of test antibodies the following procedure is recommended:-
1) Add 5 ul of Human SeroBlock per 100ul cell suspension for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
2) Add test antibody according to manufacturers instructions – Do not wash Human SeroBlock off the cells. Human SeroBlock is suitable for use in conjunction with test antibodies from any manufacturer or with in-house antibodies.*Human SeroBlock is also compatible with flow cytometric analysis of human Fc receptors.
3) Proceed with staining as usual.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Human Seroblock
Boibessot, C. et al. (2021) Using ex vivo. culture to assess dynamic phenotype changes in human prostate macrophages following exposure to therapeutic drugs.
Sci Rep. 11 (1): 19299.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra