CD3 antibody | UCHT1
Filter by Application:F E C IM Reset
|Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone UCHT1 recognizes the human T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain, also known as T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon chain or CD3ε. CD3ε is a 207 amino acid, ~21kDa single pass type 1 transmembrane protein containing a single Ig-like and a single ITAM domain. Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone UCHT1 was originally described as only binding to CD3ε when complexed with either the CD3δ or CD3γ subunits, as indicated by co-transfection immunofluorescence on COS cells (Salmerón et al. 1991). Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone UCHT1 binds to a region in the ectodomain of human CD3ε and binds to a discontinuous epitope near an acidic region of CD3ε opposite the dimer interface; as shown by crystallography of the CD3ε/δ dimer complexed with a single chain UCHT1 antibody fragment (Arnett et al. 2004).
CD3 is expressed by all T lymphocytes and is seen in all lymphoid organs including lymph nodes and spleen. It is involved in thymocyte differentiation (Brodeur et al. 2009). Deficiency of the CD3ε chain contributes to blocking T-cell development and presentation of a severe combined immunodeficiency phenotype (Fischer et al. 2005).
Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone UCHT1 has been used successfully for the activation of human peripheral blood lymphocytes by cross linking and subsequently for CD3ε surface espression by flow cytometry (Hirsh and Cohen 2006).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chimpanzee
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - conjugated to Alexa Fluor®647 - liquid
- MCA463A647: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- MCA463A647T: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human infant thymocytes and lymphocytes from a patient with Sezary Syndrome.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.05 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the P3/NS1/1-Ag4-1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) Alexa Fluor®647 650 665
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product is provided under an intellectual property licence from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchase product solely in research, excluding contract research or any fee for service research, and the buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad CA 92008 USA or email@example.com
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells or 100ul whole blood.
References for CD3 antibody
Denning, S.M. et al. (1987) Activation of human thymocytes via CD3 and CD2 molecules.
In McMichael, A.J. et al. Leucocyte Typing III: White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Edited by Oxford University Press pp 144-7.
Harding, S. et al. (2002) A therapeutic CD4 monoclonal antibody inhibits TCR-zeta chain phosphorylation, zeta-associated protein of 70-kDa Tyr319 phosphorylation, and TCR internalization in primary human T cells.
J Immunol. 169: 230-8.
Hirsh, M.I. et al. (2006) Ultrastructural features of lymphocyte suppression induced by anthrax lethal toxin and treated with chloroquine
Lab Invest. 87: 182-8.
Beverley, P.C. & Callard, R.E. (1981) Distinctive functional characteristics of human "T" lymphocytes defined by E rosetting or a monoclonal anti-T cell antibody.
Eur J Immunol. 11 (4): 329-34.
Kung, P. et al. (1979) Monoclonal antibodies defining distinctive human T cell surface antigens.
Science. 206: 347-9.
Clevers, H. et al. (1988) The transmembrane orientation of the epsilon chain of the TcR/CD3 complex.
Eur J Immunol. 18 (5): 705-10.
Salmerón, A. et al. (1991) A conformational epitope expressed upon association of CD3-epsilon with either CD3-delta or CD3-gamma is the main target for recognition by anti-CD3 monoclonal antibodies.
J Immunol. 147: 3047-52.
Hirsh, M.I. and Cohen, V. (2006) Chloroquine prevents T lymphocyte suppression induced by anthrax lethal toxin.
J Infect Dis. 194: 1003-7.
View The Latest Product References
Mahon, N.G. et al. (2002) Immunohistologic evidence of myocardial disease in apparently healthy relatives of patients with dilated cardiomyopathy.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 39: 455-62.
Campana, D. et al. (1987) The cytoplasmic expression of CD3 antigens in normal and malignant cells of the T lymphoid lineage.
J Immunol. 138 (2): 648-55.
Lawson, C.A. et al. (2006) Early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with a deficit in the CD4+CD25high regulatory T cell population in peripheral blood.
Rheumatology (Oxford). 45: 1210-7.
Battaglia, A. et al. (2003) Lymphocyte populations in human lymph nodes. Alterations in CD4+ CD25+ T regulatory cell phenotype and T-cell receptor Vbeta repertoire.
Immunology. 110: 304-12.
McIntosh, R.S. et al. (1997) Analysis of the T cell receptor V alpha repertoire in Hashimoto's thyroiditis: evidence for the restricted accumulation of CD8+ T cells in the absence of CD4+ T cell restriction.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 82: 1140-6.
Aird, I.A. et al. (1999) Leukocytes in semen from men with spinal cord injuries.
Fertil Steril. 72: 97-103.
Colić, M. et al. (2006) Correlation between phenotypic characteristics of mononuclear cells isolated from human periapical lesions and their in vitro production of Th1 and Th2 cytokines.
Arch Oral Biol. 51: 1120-30.
Oliver, B. et al. (2001) Low-dose theophylline does not exert its anti-inflammatory effects in mild asthma through upregulation of interleukin-10 in alveolar macrophages.
Allergy. 56: 1087-90.
Guntermann, C. and Alexander, D.R. (2002) CTLA-4 suppresses proximal TCR signaling in resting human CD4(+) T cells by inhibiting ZAP-70 Tyr(319) phosphorylation: a potential role for tyrosine phosphatases.
J Immunol. 168: 4420-9.
Baturcam, E. et al. (2014) Physical exercise reduces the expression of RANTES and its CCR5 receptor in the adipose tissue of obese humans.
Mediators Inflamm. 2014: 627150.
Clark, E.A. et al. (1983) Evolution of epitopes on human and nonhuman primate lymphocyte cell surface antigens.
Immunogenetics. 18 (6): 599-615.
Erber, W.N. et al. (1984) Immunocytochemical detection of T and B cell populations in routine blood smears.
Lancet. 1 (8385): 1042-6.
Maggiorella, M. et al. (1998) Detection of Infectious Simian Immunodeficiency Virus in B- and T- cell lymphomas of experimentally infected macaques.
Blood. 91 (9): 3103 - 3111.
Kumpel, B. et al. (2014) Accurate quantitation of D+ fetomaternal hemorrhage by flow cytometry using a novel reagent to eliminate granulocytes from analysis.
Transfusion. 54 (5): 1305-16.
Mjösberg, J. et al. (2009) Systemic reduction of functionally suppressive CD4dimCD25highFoxp3+ Tregs in human second trimester pregnancy is induced by progesterone and 17beta-estradiol.
J Immunol. 183: 759-69.
Hess, C. et al. (2000) Induction of neutrophil responsiveness to myeloperoxidase antibodies by their exposure to supernatant of degranulated autologous neutrophils.
Blood. 96: 2822-7.
Choudhuri, K. et al. (2009) Peptide-major histocompatibility complex dimensions control proximal kinase-phosphatase balance during T cell activation.
J Biol Chem. 284: 26096-105.
Dong, D. et al. (2006) T cell receptor for antigen induces linker for activation of T cell-dependent activation of a negative signaling complex involving Dok-2, SHIP-1, and Grb-2.
J Exp Med. 203: 2509-18.
Libri, V. et al. (2008) Jakmip1 is expressed upon T cell differentiation and has an inhibitory function in cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
J Immunol. 181: 5847-56.
Churchman, S.M. et al. (2014) Modulation of peripheral T-cell function by interleukin-7 in rheumatoid arthritis.
Arthritis Res Ther. 16 (6): 511.
Ward, S.T. et al. (2015) The effects of CCR5 inhibition on regulatory T-cell recruitment to colorectal cancer.
Br J Cancer. 112 (2): 319-28.
Saavedra, D. et al. (2015) Biomarkers related to immunosenescence: relationships with therapy and survival in lung cancer patients.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. Nov 20. [Epub ahead of print]
Bhat, S.S. et al. (2016) Syntaxin 8 is required for efficient lytic granule trafficking in cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1863 (7 Pt A): 1653-64.
Hasib, L. et al. (2016) Functional and homeostatic defects of regulatory T cells in patients with coronary artery disease.
J Intern Med. 279 (1): 63-77.
Siska, E.K. et al. (2017) Generation of an immortalized mesenchymal stem cell line producing a secreted biosensor protein for glucose monitoring.
PLoS One. 12 (9): e0185498.
Suárez, G.M. et al. (2021) Associations among cytokines, EGF and lymphocyte subpopulations in patients diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. 70 (6): 1735-43.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030159 receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0042608 T cell receptor binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up