CD3 antibody | OKT3
Mouse anti Human CD3:RPE
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD3 antibody, clone OKT3, recognizes T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain (CD3ε), also known as T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon. CD3ε is a subunit within the multiprotein cell surface receptor TCR-CD3 complex, which is expressed on the surface of mature T cells, NKT cells and thymocytes (Mariuzza et al. 2020). The CD3 complex is required for intracellular signaling and for TCR surface expression. Recruitment of the TCR/CD3 complex initiates early events leading to proliferation and differentiation of mature T cells into an effector cell (Guy & Vignali 2009).
Mice that lack the CD3ε gene exhibit early arrest in T cell development and mutation of the gene in humans has been seen to result in severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) (DeJarnette et al. 1998, de Saint Basile et al. 2004).
Mouse anti Human CD3, clone OKT3 is commonly used in flow cytometry in the phenotyping human T cells. Characterization of the OKT3 clone has shown that it is able to compete and block the binding of the CD3 clones SK7 and UCHT1 to human T cells (Li et al. 2005). The OKT3 clone has also been found to have immunosuppressive properties in vivo. As result of this, the clone was humanized to be used as a therapeutic drug called Muromonomab (Orthoclone). Muromonomab was used as an immunosuppressive including for after solid organ transplants, to prevent the activation of CD4- and CD8- T cells (Wilde & Goa 1996). However, the drug has since been discontinued due to the development of other treatments with similar efficacy and fewer side effects (Reichert 2012).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to R. Phycoerythrin (RPE) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human peripheral blood lymphocytes
- >90 % by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) RPE 488nm laser 496 578 RPE 561nm laser 546 578
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 5 ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030159 receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0042608 T cell receptor binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up