CD292 antibody | AbD01564
The bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) receptors are a family of transmembrane serine/threonine kinases that include the type I receptors BMPR-1A and BMPR-1B and the type II receptor BMPR2.These receptors are also closely related to the activin receptors, ACVR1 and ACVR2. The ligands of these receptors are members of the TGF-beta superfamily. BMPR-1A is the receptor for BMP-2 and BMP-4. TGF-betas and activins transduce their signals through the formation of heteromeric complexes with 2 different types of serine (threonine) kinase receptors: type I receptors of about 50-55 kDa and type II receptors of about 70-80 kDa. Type II receptors bind ligands in the absence of type I receptors, but they require their respective type I receptors for signalling, whereas type I receptors require their respective type II receptors for ligand binding.
In humans, mutations in the BMPR-1A gene are responsible for juvenile polyposis syndrome, juvenile intestinal polyposis, and Cowden disease. Human anti Human CD292 antibody inhibits BMP-2 mediated stimulation of C2C12 cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Expected from Sequence Mouse Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using Streptactin affinity chromatography. The antibody is tagged with a strepII-tag (NWSHPQFEK) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain-liquid.
- Streptactin affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human BMPR-1A extracellular domain, recombinant expressed in E. coli (amino acid residues 24-152, molecular weight 14.2 kDa)
- Activity was tested by indirect ELISA: recombinant purified BMPR-1A (5 μg/ml) plus unrelated control proteins were immobilized on a microtiter plate. Specific binding was monitored by first adding HCA004 (2 μg/ml), then adding a secondary antibody (goat anti-human F(ab')2 fragment specific, AP conjugate, 1:5000 diluted). A fluorescent signal was created by adding the AP substrate Attophos. The signal on the antigen is at least 5-fold above background, whereas the signal on the control antigens is less than 1.5-fold above back-ground.
- Purity was tested by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie-staining of a 2 μg sample.
- kD = 2.2 nM
The monovalent intrinsic affinity of HCA004 was measured by BIAcore on the immobilized BMPR-1A extracellular domain.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005024 transforming growth factor beta receptor activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0030501 positive regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0030509 BMP signaling pathway
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
- GO:0060391 positive regulation of SMAD protein import into nucleus
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6,300,064, 6,696,248, 6,708,484, 6,753,136, European Patent 0,859,841 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.Blot data kindly provided by Professor Sebald, University of Wuerzburg, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD292 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:Alk. Phos.||0500-0100||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti Strep-Tag Classic:HRP||MCA2489P||E WB||75 µl|
Product Specific References
References for CD292 antibody
Harth, S. et al. (2010) A selection fit mechanism in BMP receptor IA as a possible source for BMP ligand-receptor promiscuity.
PLoS One. 5(9). pii: e13049.
Harth, S. et al. (2010) Crystallization of BMP receptor type IA bound to the antibody Fab fragment AbD1556.
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 66: 964-8.
Katagiri, T. et al. (1994) Bone morphogenetic protein-2 converts the differentiation pathway of C2C12 myoblasts into the osteoblast lineage.
J Cell Biol. 127 (6 Pt 1): 1755-66.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra