Catalase antibody | OTI1B6
Catalase is a heme enzyme that is present in the peroxisome of nearly all aerobic cells. It converts the reactive oxygen species hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen and thereby mitigates the toxic effects of hydrogen peroxide. Oxidative stress is hypothesized to play a role in the development of many chronic or late-onset diseases such as diabetes, asthma, Alzheimer's disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancers. Polymorphisms in the CAT gene have been associated with decreases in catalase activity but, to date, acatalasemia is the only disease known to be caused by catalase (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009).
Mouse anti Human catalase antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti catalase detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human catalase (NP_111743) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004096 catalase activity
- GO:0005778 peroxisomal membrane
- GO:0005782 peroxisomal matrix
- GO:0006144 purine base metabolic process
- GO:0006195 purine nucleotide catabolic process
- GO:0009650 UV protection
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0042744 hydrogen peroxide catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0050661 NADP binding
- GO:0051262 protein tetramerization
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Catalase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|