Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human c-Myc antibody recognizes the Myc proto-oncogene protein, also known as avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39, myc-related translation/localization regulatory factor, transcription factor p64 or v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog.
The protein encoded by MYC gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation. It functions as a transcription factor that regulates transcription of specific target genes. Mutations, overexpression, rearrangement and translocation of MYC have been associated with a variety of hematopoietic tumors, leukemias and lymphomas, including Burkitt lymphoma (BL). There is evidence to show that alternative translation initiations from an upstream, in-frame non-AUG (CUG) and a downstream AUG start site result in the production of two isoforms with distinct N-termini. The synthesis of non-AUG initiated protein is suppressed in Burkitt's lymphomas, suggesting its importance in the normal function of MYC (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human c-Myc antibody detects a band of 57 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti c-Myc detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in HeLa cell lysate.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 66-201 of human c-Myc
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001658 branching involved in ureteric bud morphogenesis
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0032204 regulation of telomere maintenance
- GO:0070888 E-box binding
- GO:0090096 positive regulation of metanephric cap mesenchymal cell proliferation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up