The protein encoded by MYC gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation. It functions as a transcription factor that regulates transcription of specific target genes. Mutations, overexpression, rearrangement and translocation of MYC have been associated with a variety of hematopoietic tumors, leukemias and lymphomas, including Burkitt lymphoma (BL). There is evidence to show that alternative translation initiations from an upstream, in-frame non-AUG (CUG) and a downstream AUG start site result in the production of two isoforms with distinct N-termini. The synthesis of non-AUG initiated protein is suppressed in Burkitt's lymphomas, suggesting its importance in the normal function of MYC (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human c-Myc antibody detects a band of 57 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti c-Myc detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 66-201 of human c-Myc
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01106 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MYC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001658 branching involved in ureteric bud morphogenesis
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0032204 regulation of telomere maintenance
- GO:0070888 E-box binding
- GO:0090096 positive regulation of metanephric cap mesenchymal cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of c-Myc antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.