ALIX antibody | OTI1A4
Mouse anti ALIX
ALIX antibody recognizes programmed cell death 6-interacting protein, also known as ALG-2 interacting protein 1, ALG-2-interacting protein X, PDCD6-interacting protein, or apoptosis-linked gene 2-interacting protein X.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The PDCD6IP (ALIX) gene encodes a protein that functions within the ESCRT pathway in the abscission stage of cytokinesis, in intralumenal endosomal vesicle formation, and in enveloped virus budding. Studies using mouse cells have shown that overexpression of this protein can block apoptosis. In addition, the product of PDCD6IP binds to the product of the PDCD6 gene, a protein required for apoptosis, in a calcium-dependent manner. PDCD6IP product also binds to endophilins, proteins that regulate membrane shape during endocytosis. Overexpression of PDCD6IP product and endophilins results in cytoplasmic vacuolization, which may be partly responsible for the protection against cell death. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PDCD6IP. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosome 15 (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Mouse anti Human ALIX antibody detects a band of 96 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ALIX detects a band of approximately 96 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human ALIX (NP_037506) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q8WUM4 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PDCD6IP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005815 microtubule organizing center
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0048306 calcium-dependent protein binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ALIX antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.