ALIX antibody | OTI1A4
The PDCD6IP (ALIX) gene encodes a protein that functions within the ESCRT pathway in the abscission stage of cytokinesis, in intralumenal endosomal vesicle formation, and in enveloped virus budding. Studies using mouse cells have shown that overexpression of this protein can block apoptosis. In addition, the product of PDCD6IP binds to the product of the PDCD6 gene, a protein required for apoptosis, in a calcium-dependent manner. PDCD6IP product also binds to endophilins, proteins that regulate membrane shape during endocytosis. Overexpression of PDCD6IP product and endophilins results in cytoplasmic vacuolization, which may be partly responsible for the protection against cell death. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PDCD6IP. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosome 15 (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Mouse anti Human ALIX antibody detects a band of 96 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ALIX detects a band of approximately 96 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human ALIX (NP_037506) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005815 microtubule organizing center
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0048306 calcium-dependent protein binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ALIX antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|