CD8 antibody | CVS8
Filter by Application:F C IF Reset
|Mouse anti Horse CD8 (clone CVS8), is a monoclonal antibody recognising the equine homologue of the human CD8 cell surface antigen which is expressed by a subset of T lymphocytes.
A study undertaken using CVS8 to identify CD8 on several wild african equid species indicates that the CVS8 clone recognizes Somali wild ass (Equus asinus) but not Grévy's Zebra (E. grevyi) or Hartmann's Mountain Zebra (E. zebra) (Ibrahim 2007).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Ass Zebra
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to R. Phycoerythrin (RPE) - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Equine PBMCs.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) RPE 488nm laser 496 578
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
References for CD8 antibody
Cequier, A. et al. (2022) Equine Mesenchymal Stem Cells Influence the Proliferative Response of Lymphocytes: Effect of Inflammation, Differentiation and MHC-Compatibility.
Animals (Basel). 12 (8): 984.
Lunn, D.P et al (1991) Three monoclonal antibodies identifying antigens on all equine T lymphocytes, and two mutually exclusive T-lymphocyte subsets
Immunology 74: 251-257.
(2007) Experimental infection of neonatal foals with Rhodococcus equi triggers adult-like gamma interferon induction.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 14: 669-77.
Pearson, W. et al. (2007) Low-dose ginseng (Panax quinquefolium) modulates the course and magnitude of the antibody response to vaccination against equid herpesvirus I in horses.
Can J Vet Res. 71: 213-7.
Lunn, D.P. et al. (1998) Report of the second equine leucocyte antigen workshop, Squaw Valley, California July 1995.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 62: 101-143.
Merant, C. et al. (2003) Cross-species reactivity of seven monoclonal antibodies with equine lymphocytes by flow cytometry.
Vet Res. 34: 791-801.
Ibrahim, S (2007) Analysis of monoclonal antibody cross-reactivity with leukocytes from equids and cloning of CD28
Chapter 5 in PhD Thesis Freie Universität Berlin
Carossino, M. et al. (2019) Equine arteritis virus long-term persistence is orchestrated by CD8+ T lymphocyte transcription factors, inhibitory receptors, and the CXCL16/CXCR6 axis.
PLoS Pathog. 15 (7): e1007950.
View The Latest Product References
Tomlinson, J.E. et al. (2018) Multispectral fluorescence-activated cell sorting of B and T cell subpopulations from equine peripheral blood.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 199: 22-31.
Placci, M. et al. (2020) Natural Horse Boarding Vs Traditional Stable: A Comparison of Hormonal, Hematological and Immunological Parameters.
J Appl Anim Welf Sci. 23 (3): 366-77.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up