IgY antibody | 14A3
Double-staining with clone 14A3 and duck CD8 alpha clone Du CD8-1 (product code MCA2479), revealed the presence of a CD8high /14A3- cytotoxic T cell population and a CD8low/14A3+ B cell population in duck spleen and also revealed a high percentage of CD8+ /14A3+ cells in duck bursa (Kothlow et al. 2005). The recognition of B cells by 14A3 was confirmed using a recently developed Flag-tagged chicken B cell marker, known as chBAFF-Flag (B cell activating factor).
Mouse anti Duck IgY Light Chain antibody, clone 14A3 recognizes IgA in Pekin duck bile and can be used as a marker to identify B cells in both Pekin and Muscovy duck and geese studies.
Mouse anti Duck IgY Light Chain antibody, clone 14A3 detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in duck cell lysates in Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken Goose
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide
- Purified Pekin duck yolk IgY.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgY antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):FITC (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117F||F||0.5 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117P||C E WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:HRP (Human Adsorbed)||STAR13B||C E P RE WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for IgY antibody
Kothlow, S. et al. (2005) Characterization of duck leucocytes by monoclonal antibodies.
Dev Comp Immunol. 29 (8): 733-48.
Kothlow, S. et al. (2008) Evaluation of Newcastle disease virus immunoassays for waterfowl using a monoclonal antibody specific for the duck immunoglobulin light chain.
Avian Pathol. 37:323-8
Schneider, K .et al. (2004) Chicken BAFF--a highly conserved cytokine that mediates B cell survival.
Int Immunol. 16 (1): 139-48.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra