Mouse anti Bovine CD44 antibody, clone IL-A118
recognizes bocine Phagocytic Glycoprotein-1 (PGP-1), also known as CD44, Hermes antigen, Extracellular matrix receptor III or HUTCH-1. Bovine CD44 is a 346 amino acid ~90 kDa type I single pass transmembrane glycoprotein containing a single Link domain
, responsible for hyaluronan binding. Bovine CD44 is expressed by a wide range of bovine cells, including peripheral T and B lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes, platelets and early erythroid cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the X63.Ag8.853 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
hyaluronic acid binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD44 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Negative Isotype Controls Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra