Mouse anti Chicken CD28, clone AV7
recognizes the chicken homologue of mammalian CD28, demonstrating 50% sequence identity and conservation of key functional sequence. In chickens CD28 is expressed by all thymocytes and T cells excluding most of those that are gamma/delta TCR positive (Koskela et al. 1998
). The co-stimulatory role of CD28 is important to T cell function in chickens (Arstila et al. 1994
Mouse anti chicken CD28, clone AV7 has been demonstrated to recognise Turkey CD28 (Powell et al. 2009
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Chicken Leucocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD28 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD28 antibody
Powell F et al. (2009) Development of reagents to study the turkey's immune response: Identification and molecular cloning of turkey CD4, CD8alpha and CD28.
Dev Comp Immunol. 33 (4): 540-6.
Young, J.R. et al. (1994) Monomeric homologue of mammalian CD28 is expressed on chicken T cells.
J Immunol. 152 (8): 3848-51.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra